I just spent this last weekend working on a frickin' paper for my Marriage and Family Counseling class. (I think I make an expert Family Therapist because I am able to draw from all of my personal experiences of marriage and parenting. Okay so maybe I've done some parenting...but they're supposed to be adults...and that's what's tricky about it!!). So this weekend I had to write a paper on my Family of Origin. (Much more extensive than that the one Ken Esau (red and hairy) had us write. But I'm all differentiated now! Now that I've interviewed my immediate family and some of my extended family...I have it all figured out. I am am fully differentiated and I've figured out everything. In fact, that's what my paper was about - who I am.
So - just so everyone knows who I am, I thought I would share a bit of my outline of what I learned. That way there are no questions and no doubts in people's minds.
Intro: Try to have something to draw people in, you've written 18 pages and just want to be done.... make up some BS (not bible study!!!)
Motivating Thesis: Who am I?
Supporting Body: Write severeal pages, add a few charts, maybe incorporate a picture of your family that you drew and coloured last night, write a little more...
Conclusion: Go back to conclusion: Who am I? How should I know?
Okay - so maybe I learned a few things because I am differentiated now. It's my new status. "Are you marrried or single." "Actually, I'm differentiated...it's official!"
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
it always makes me laugh that all my friends come and ask me for boy advice. ME. BOY ADVICE. I don't think i've ever even held hands with one (other than prayer, of course!), yet somehow they seem to believe i am the utmost authority. Either I look smart, or I look like a big fat slut. Hmmmmmm....
Post a Comment