www.larknews.com/november1_2003/secondary.php?page=1
I don't understand this one at all - and I believe this has to do with my denominational background. While I have huge issues with the Brethren church - they are exceedingly generous and they teach it to their children through example. I realize this might be the exception because I recognize that this isn't everyone's experience...but I think corporate sponsorship is going a little too far. I honestly don't even know what to say about it. I'm somewhat flabbergasted and pretty much appalled. Maybe I'm being a little too dogmatic, but this makes me so angry! And we wonder why some people think Christians are a bunch of morons.
On another note: I found a couple of funny T-Shirts.

Yes, I am one of those people who thinks that homeschooling should only happen with rare and exceptional children. More often than not...being homeschooled is usually evident in some way or another.

These ones should be given out at Bridal Colleges. And when Dan gets married, I'm so giving one to his fiance.
3 comments:
So, according to what I have been told about Larknews, most of their articles are made up, which makes it easier to laugh about them. The fact that they are believable does say something about our culture.
Good work Nate. Although, I didn't expect someone to comment on that so quickly, so there is a small part of me that is disappointed.
Lemon Grove, WA isnt a place as far as I know.
If you look at the side articles, some of them are pretty funny. Such as It's official:
"France completely devoid of Christians."
PARIS — With the number of spiritually-inclined people declining in this country for the last century, the 2000 French census showed a new wrinkle: not a single respondent identified himself as Christian. In fact, more people reported worshiping their pet turtles.
I was homeschooled for 9 years...is it evident?
jenna
Post a Comment