Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Snotty nose and children - Oddly, not connected

Last week, I was commenting that it had been about a year since I was sick. I woke up this morning (at 4:30am of course...because that's what I sometimes do and not because I'm super spiritual!!), I didn't feel terrible but thought maybe I was fighting a cold or something. It's the end of the day now and I feel like my head is in a vice. Not that my head has been in a vice, but I have a vivid imagination and this is what it feels like.

I have a little face - not sure where all the fluid comes from. And to think, some people don't believe in miracles!!

Side note: One of the best feelings in the world is a hug from a little kid. I mean, for the most part, I enjoy hugs. If they are a good one - I hate limpy, creepy ones, or say a hug from someone you don't really know or don't feel as comfortable with...but I enjoy a good, solid hug. Anyway - I had the privilege of playing with my nieces this past weekend. I'm not a parent and I'm fully content not to be one at this point (which is convenient since I'm not married!), but it's such an incredible gift to hold a child. It's equally cool to have them respond and give you a huge hug back. This weekend I was leaving my sister's house and Natanya came runninng into my arms saying, "I don't want you to go!!!...but I like you!!!" I love being an aunt! And yes, this is the niece that knows my name but still calls me "Auntie Tracey."

1 comment:

kathleen marie said...

hehe..i especially love the hugs from infants. They can't talk yet, but they can hug you. And it feels GREAT!