Thursday, March 08, 2007

There are days that are crappy...sometimes they over-stay their welcome.

So I've discovered that it's always best to be able to find things to laugh about. Or be thankful for. Like last night...I got to watch the sunset for 2 minutes just before my night class. It was glorious.

The other thing...find things to laugh about. I'll share a couple of things I picked up from church. Other than all of those bibles...(and you thought you lost yours!! Not so, my friend, not so).

Someone was introducing one the elders of our church as he came up to preach and told us that really, you didn't want to know Gary outside of church because he's a police officer. Gary - a normally not very funny man at all - comes up and says, 'actually you really don't want to meet me outside of church because I work in forensics - where our motto is "Our day begins, when yours ends."'

The other is a quote that someone put on the projector last week. Author I didn't catch. But I think it's important to be able to laugh at ourselves.

"I became a Catholic simply and solely to get away from Protestants and their acoustic guitars"

1 comment:

Jemma said...

I actually think Gary can be quite funny. It is okay that we disagree on this, we can still be friends Kristy.

J