Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Confession...while I have a huge heart for them, I'm not Anabaptist. I don't even have Anabaptist roots. But this is the main reason why I'm not....

Okay...so I'm not going to hide it any longer. "I've got something...and it makes me wanna shout! I've got something, tell you what it's about!" Okay...maybe I'm not black, secretly I wish I was...but I just felt like throwing that song in there! It really has thing to do with anything. But I thought I'd fill you in on what I do in my "leisure time." "You have leisure time as an RD?" you ask. I do. I create it. And I've become the huggest sinner EVER! I started taking Ballroom dancing. I LOVE IT!!! I think that it should be requirement for all RD's - just to maintain sanity. It's so much fun. Someone convinced our group take Newcomers II, when everyone else has taken Newcomers I before hand...oh, right, too bad we didn't...and I suck!!! That's probably my only regret in all of this. Last night, I was frustrated that I couldn't get that one stupid spin, but I reminded myself that I haven't done this before and so that's okay. I'm glad I can extend myself some grace in this area. Too bad I just don't have grace...otherwise I'd be good to go.

For the most part, I do truly love it. Even if I don't float like a gazelle, it brings me such joy. AND I think I've even discovered what it is to be "delighted" in something. Not a word that I normally use. But it's pretty awesome.

Last night we did the Somba. (which, I was struggling with the spin....but hopefully I have it now). Anyway - I don't know if any of you remember this or not, maybe I just know it because we shared a bathroom, BUT we danced to the English version of the song Laura P. brought back from Bolivia..."Bombah...sexy..." The people I was with were commenting on what I horrible song it was...I failed to mention that I've known it for years...just the Spanish version. Laura...what a nice little missionary girl!!!

AND - I would like to point out that I've been doing this for 3 weeks now, and I'm not even pregnant!!!

3 comments:

raych said...

ah! now you understand my whole-hearted, sinful devotion to *gasp* swing dancing!!!
don't worry, i've been doing it for nearly five years now, and i'm not pregnant either. of course, i AM on *gasp* the PILL!

Jerthom said...

Dude, I love that song..."bombah....bombah...sexy" Oh my...what a terribly sinful song.
Jer

Anonymous said...

sinner.
sorry i haven't called.
i have fallen off the face of the earth with the flu. i will try to get better soon and call you when I don't have to run to the bathroom ever 5 minutes......blah.