Tuesday, January 30, 2007

In and Out of Context


I'm glad that I have the opportunity to be such a positive influence on the lives of others. Last night I was playing Dutch Blitz with a few of the girls in the dorm. One girl, in reality is a fine player, but hadn't been doing too hot lately, exclaims, "I'm a failure!!!!" To which I responded, "You're not a failure in life, you're just a failure right now."

Needless to say, that went up on the quote board.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i heard a joke, and thought of my little smalltown AB friend.

A country girl and a city girl go to college. The country girl meets the city girl and says: "Where y'all from?" And the city girl says: "It's improper grammar to end your sentence with a preposition" And the country girl says: "Well fine then... Where ya from bitch?!"

I can just picture you pulling out that line as a little first year. Well??!?!? Oh, come on. You know you love me.

Bid said...

Susan - As if you just put that on my blog and as if it reminded you of me!!! You're such a punk and I know you are totally looking for my response!!!! I shake my head at you. I will give you this - I can definitely appreciate the creativity of response. Although -beyond that, that's so not me!

Rationalization: Yes, I went through that extended "flipping the bird" stage. Not as a swear though....the goal was to be creative in your presentation!!

What I will note was the "city girl's" response!! That did remind me of someone, much taller and far superior than I!!!

Another note: we should make a phone date...it's been a while.

Anonymous said...

reaction duly noted.
i knew i was your hero this whole time.
send me your number and days/times of availability next week for 'the call'
i love being your only commenter.
ps. i didn't leave that last comment. I am sooooo above unnecessary swearing like that.

Bid said...

Susan - I'm confused. Are you saying that you didn't write the first comment?

Anonymous said...

success! i confused you. my life goal has been realized.
i shall make it more clear to you now - i tried to confused you in order to look like less of a predictable loser than I really am.
but how could anyone else be as amazing of a jr. counsellor as I was? and so, of course, you correctly identified she who wished to remain ellusive, exclusive and annonymous. Thanks for telling the whole world, k.bid. and i'm still waiting for your phone number.

Bid said...

As much as I love posting personal information on the internet because I think that is a "smart choice" - I'll email it.

Jerthom said...

you guys are weird!!

Jemma said...

Your bluntness amuses me. why don't we hang out more? Or...for the first time...

Jenna