Sometimes I get really annoyed with Christians. Now - as most of you know, I am one. So maybe I'm equally prejudice against myself. Then again - I discovered my 4th Year at CBC in "Faith, Form and Spirituality of Adolescents and Young Adults" that really I haven't become a Christian yet. I loved that class!!
Anyway - I'm tired of people doing wrong and hateful things in the "Name of Jesus." I just checked the definition of Slander: 1 : the utterance of false charges or misrepresentations which defame and damage another's reputation or 2 : a false and defamatory oral statement about a person. I'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with Christianity so I get frustrated when the two are brought together in to the same picture.
Yes, it is safe to say, that for the past month, I've been on the receiving end of things. It's been so hard to be silent and let my reputation speak for itself. I have absolutely nothing to hide and I'm thankful for this. It has been encouraging in some ways - it's interesting to watch things play out. But it has also been frustrating at the same time because I'm finding that I have to work twice as hard to establish and maintain trust with people. I don't think individuals understand how powerful, damaging and destructive words can actually be. I don't think we have an understanding that the tongue can bring "life and death." And I'm not just saying it can have effects on a person's view of self - but more there are situations and events that happen where people need to be able to have trust in those overseeing and caring for them - sometimes putting a question mark in someone's mind can be exceedingly harmful and has the potential to place people at risk. And this makes me angry.
Sunday, January 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment