I have a car that I love. I really do. Her name is "Eve" because it means "Life" and I wanted her to live up to her name. I mean, she's had a few problems here and there, but for the most part she's done really well. Lately, we've had to part ways for a bit....you see, over the break, my dad sort of forgot she was there and backed into her. No big deal, because he'll make sure she gets fixed. In fact, that is where she is now. But not without some issues along the way.
This past week, we had a horrible storm. It was frickin' cold and we were blessed with a whole pile of snow. (Everyone knows how much I love winter!!!!!!). This prevented her from being taken in since the roads were way too bad to drive on...especially in the rural areas. Not big deal. But it does mean that now it'll take longer.
Now, my dad was very nice and he lent me one of his cars so that I still had transportation. It's kindof one of those necessary things for my job, especially in this city.... Unfortunately, his car is not named "Life." It died on me. The starter is gone and while a guy was trying to help me get it going, it was so cold that some random plastic piece just busted right off. I don't think that piece is imperative for the car running...but it was still a little frustrating. But fortunately...when everything is going wrong, everything is humorous.
To top everything off - my dad's other car stopped working yesterday as well. That means, I'm stranded in the city. He's stranded in his town and really....no one knows how this is going to work because we are over an hour away from one another. I feel bad for the guy though because right now he'll have 3 shop bills. Ouch!!!!
Friday, January 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment