Sunday, June 25, 2006

I think "Thomas" and I would have gotten along well...

Here's my new favorite verse. It's from the Gospel of Thomas. For some reason my Bible doesn't have the Gospel of Thomas, but I'm sure it was just forgotten at the printing press, because I'm pretty sure this should have been canonized... :)

114 Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life." Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."

7 comments:

Nater said...

Perhaps this should become the theme verse for the next big Christian marketing scheme (i.e. prayer of Jabez, WWJD, etc.). We can all make it our life verse.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'd definitely have to agree with you on that one. Although, maybe we should make it "The Prayer is Jezebel." I think it has a nice ring to it.

Jerthom said...

amen...men rule...amen
Jer
okay okay to make that less sexist...women are okay...

Dana L Penner said...

Bidne,
Good to meet you in blog form... as for Thomas, let's see how far I can drop kick him... take that Thomas.

raych said...

how did he know? my life's dream has always been to be led into manhood...does that mean that i can watch football on sundays?

Jerthom said...

My Nephew loves Thomas...the train

raych said...

it's like i keep telling people; me and kristy bidne, we live parallel lives. thailand, thai wrap...they almost even rhyme. did your breakfast have eyes, too?