It seems that I'm often confused. But here is my latest confusion. Today I was talking with one of the guys at work who is Mormon. Now, some friends of mine had recently said that they don't know what to think of Mormonism because it is sounding pretty similar to evangelical Christianity. So I asked the guy if there have been changes in theology within the Morman church. He said no... at least not while he's been around and he's grown up in the Mormon faith and recently completed his 2 years of missions down in the States. I told him that I had heard that, specifically around the person of Jesus Christ. So we started talking about it, etc... According to him, Jesus is both Son of God and man and that he came to save people from their sins. People need to believe in him and repent of sin in order to be saved. Salvation is through faith. (Believe me, I even started getting into, what does that word mean? etc... because all words can have different meanings to different people). He said they believe in the Bible. Now, to me...it sounds like the theology around Jesus is pretty much the same as my beliefs. So would Mormons be another denomination or what the heck is going on? Have I been misinformed in the past or am I missing something here?
Anyone know anything???
Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey bid,
I didn't have time to check these sites...but i googled it and this is what came up...I probably should have read over them before referring them, but right now i just don't have the time.
http://www.reachouttrust.org/articles/lds/ldschristian2.htm
http://invitation.to/dance/cults-mormon-jude3.htm
I think a lot of it has to do with Joseph Smith. I think he has added some books to the Bible, and has changed a lot of scripture based on a "direct revelation from God". Good question though, cause to be honest a few years ago I would have known more, but if I met a mormon today I wouldn't know where the differences lie.
Hope you are well my friend... hey...it's someone's birthday coming up...I can't remember who though...little help??
Jer. I'm not sure if your referring to my birthday or yours!!!!
Yours...Come on...I can be selfish at times, but I wouldn't throw my birthday in your face without remembering yours...Couple more days hey?
Post a Comment