Friday, June 09, 2006

Life on the Prairies...who does she think I am? A hick?

So, today I was visiting a friends' "blog site" and wouldn't you know, there's a link to my blog. And I'm not going to name names or anything, but Kathleen entitled my blog "Kristy's blog of life on the Prairies." Honestly.... I'm not going to lie. My initial gut was that I had just been insulted. There is so much more to my life than just being on the prairies. I mean sure, I do have a shot gun that I keep in the back of my vehicle...but it's not like I have a truck. No, I have a sophisticated...little, Ford Focus. Ford makes good farm trucks...or so I hear. But honestly, I's very civilized.

Anyways, moving on to new topics. I thought I should let you know that my little garden is doing very well. Yes, I do live in a city. But I decided that I need a garden. I'm a Bidne...what can I say? We like our gardens. And well, I sort of dug up a spot on campus. I planted potatos, corn, beans, peas, green pepper, tomatos, carrots, zucchini, and maybe brocolli (I can't remember if I actually sowed the seeds). Anyways...things are starting to come up. I'm very excited. Although, I do occasionally have to whip out the shot gun to fight off the deer, bunnies and missionaries (it's right beside the NABC missionary house).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I stand by Kathleen and her choice to label your link that. You do live in the prairies...and maybe you are a hick, that depends, what do you use that shot gun for? are you planning on buying a little house in the future? will it be on a farm? do you wear overalls? do you chew on a piece of straw? do you wear shoes...or should I ask, do you know what shoes are? shower at all? do you say, ya'll? or you all? how many fairs have you been to lately? did you win any contest, ie. a pie making contest? was the prize a pig? is that ford focus actually a tractor? do policemen hide in bushes and wait for vehicles to run stops signs because that's the only thing that happens around there? and then let you go with a warning, because you can't find the proper registration for your van...ahem, I mean tractor? and finally, do you get paid in chickens? if you can answer yes to most of these questions then yes, you are a hick...if not...don't worry about it, I'm sure she only thinks you're part hick. Either that, or you're reading into things.

kathleen marie said...

Well, as the guilty un-named party...i have to say sorry for any offense that I have caused. But here is the dilemma...I was going to say, Kristy's life at Taylor..but you're not there right now..and I didn't think you'd be too thrilled with me saying Kristy's life of gardening...so how about this, you can give me a new name, and I'll change it...but as long as you admit, you DO live on the prairies :)

Oh, and I don't think you're a hick...but if you come back to BC with a gun in your car...I may be changing my mind.

Bid said...

See, I still live on the Taylor Campus. They are nice enough to let me rent my apartment for the summer. Technically, you are right. I do live on the Prairies. But it's actually not as flat and bare as it is down south. And when I hear prairies...I think hick. I also think of Laura Ingles. Where every week some disaster strikes. (Just to let you know, I wasn't really offended...). "Prairies" just isn't cool. Besides in my heart of heart...my home is in BC. It just so happens that a lot of friends and family live here...in the prairies.

Bid said...

Kathleen...you know I wasn't serious eh?