Monday, June 05, 2006
Love
No, I'm not dating anyone. But yesterday I met a really cool man. I was driving and I noticed an elderly man with a cain...and I was pretty sure that he was blind. So I pulled over to see if I could offer some assistance (mental note...blind people have ridiculous hearing because I wasn't anywhere close to him and he was already talking to me...so cool). Anyways, it turns out he was heading to go visit his wife in long term care and sometimes gets a little out of sorts in large open spaces (a.ka. walking down the various streets). He goes to visit her regularly, despite the fact that he is blind and sometimes gets confused as to his location. It's also dangerous because it's a high traffic area. But I loved the fact that he is do dedicated to her that he's willing to venture out despite so many obstacles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment