Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Is it just me, or do the neighbors seem strange?
So the one night...I was just in my apartment...minding my own business, when I tuned in to the sounds around me. I don't know what made me notice...but as I listened, I heard the not-so-faint sound of coyotes yipping and howling to one another. You could hear them "chatting away" to one another, coming from all directions. And then I realized something.... I live in a city. On the outskirts, yes. But coyotes don't live in the city... And I wouldn't necessarily think twice if I heard them coming from the SW side... but I heard them from the North as well, which is toward the city centre. It just seems a little strange to think that I could walk down the street and across a coyote. I guess I should start carrying around a shot gun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
we've got coyotes, and we're not exactly in the country anymore. when we first moved here, hardly anyone lived here. so now since we've taken over the coyotes home, we find them in our yard. one stood in our front yard, and watched my dad as he walked up the street after picking up the mail. we also have an owl...we use to have wild bunnies living under our patio...emphasis on 'use to.' we found the fur on our lawn oneday. We have many squirrels right now, but who knows how long that'll last. And raccoons, we've got a couple of them. I was stared down by one of them once. I'm sure the coyotes and the raccoons are plotting something against us, because every now and then, i find one of us is being stared down my one of them. i bet the squirrels are in on it too...they're probably spies...the bunnies must not have done a good enough job. And the owl, well he just rules everybody, being so high up and having super sharp everything...vision, talons, beak, flight... Nobody messes with the owl.
av
I wonder what happened to the nice little bunny... must have been molting or something.
Post a Comment