Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Again, nothing new.

This is going to be random. I've been thinking about death over the past while. I think it's a natural thing when a friend dies. A friend of mine passed away a few weeks ago from cancer. I'm thankful that I got to go visit and say goodbye during Christmas, but it still sucks. She suffered a tremendous amount...actually all through life, since she has some pretty serious health issues. Yes, she knew Jesus. But the reality of it is...death still bites hard. It was one of those situations where you don't want her to suffer...but there's a selfish part that wants to keep a person. (I even say this as one removed...living an entire province away). I think of her husband and his life is going to be completley different...his wife is gone. A woman that he's spent taking care of for half of his life, is now gone. No, this is not our home. And I've always found it interesting that we always ask "why" as if death is this new thing...when really, everyone is going to die. We should be surprised and then we are when it comes near us. I guess I'm just reminded of the fact that this was never the intention. We were never created to experience death. I think we think we are immortal or that we should be, because really that was the intention. And this is why feelings are so torn and confused.

No comments: