So, the past while I haven't really had much to write about... actually, normally I don't have much to write about, but I seem to write about it anyway - I'm sure you've noticed.
But - I'll tell you about my nieces this time...they are great. I had them over for a sleepover on Good Friday. It was really big because I live an hour away...and it was MY house, etc... For a 4 and an 8 year old, that's huge. As well, they got to stay up late. The oldest, Aurora, kept on saying "this is going to be so much fun." I don't know if she was thinking that the sleeping itself was going to be fun or what, but in my head i was thinking "this is as fun as it gets!"
The night before, the girls were having devotions with their mom (my sister) and they were talking about Easter and how Jesus died on the cross. So my sister, thought "hey, good learning opportunity!" so she asked Natanya, who is 4, "Do you know why it's called Good Friday?" ... " Because we're having a sleepover?"
As well, while she was at my house - it was really late (9:30pm) and when she's tired, her world crashes. So she was going to the bathroom, and I was in my living room. And I hear this crying...and "Auntie Kristy, I'm trying to poo and it's not coming out!!" (I'm trying not to laugh as I go in there). She's stripped down to nothing (for some reason kids strip when they are stressed....clothes are the first thing to go!)...so I go in there...and rub her back, telling her she just has to relax. Finally, she just gives up and goes to bed.
The next morning - again, I'm in my living room - and this little voice yells in complete astonishment from the bathroom. "Auntie...I'm going poo and it's working!!!!"
Friday, April 04, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment