Sunday, April 06, 2008

Hopefully not like Jer's Story

I was away this weekend. I came home to change just before church and I was going into my bedroom, I noticed that the door was open. I thought "weird, there's not reason that Jenna would need to go into my room." Later, I noticed a little "business card" out in the main room from Constable Allan - as well as Mel's bedroom door open. so I thought, "what heck happened this weekend, and why wasn't I called?" So I asked Jenna about it at church - she hadn't noticed anything and was clueless. We later found out from basement guy that he had come home and our front door was wide open, so he called the police. They went through...nothing is missing. But the door was all weird and had to be adjusted. My theory is somehow someone jimmied (is that how you spell that) and then since we have a little beepy thing when you open the door (like a store when people enter) someone thought the alarm would go and ran off. They at least could have shut the door because it's winter (not super cold, but cold enough) and that means we were heating the outdoors. Very kind of us... And people say Albertans don't care about the environment!!!

Guess we we'll be using our alarm from now on...

No comments: