About a month ago - (maybe more) we received a little pamphlet in the mail saying "Lucky you, you have lead in your water because your house is so old because the content is so dangerous, we will be providing free filters for all of your taps during April-September." Okay. so maybe that is not a direct quotation. But that was the gist. I might have decided that that didn't sound so healthy. I'm totally against buying water. Mostly, because I lived on the island and they bottled water there. i could have filled water bottles from our tap which happened to come from an underground glacier. Hence, bottled water hits somewhat of a nerve. But lead doesn't sound so healthy. Because I'm a student and my mom loves me - she gave me an extra water jug (Westlock water is disqusting...you can smell the chlorine as it comes out of the tap). My sister have me a little hand pump thing to get the water out. The sad part, was that I wasn't able to get it to work. but I of course, am too cheap to buy an actual water cooler - those things are expensive and let's face it, I'm a life-student. (I should coin that). So I, so that I don't have nasty room temperature water - take the huge jug and fill my juice jug and keep it in the fridge. This means that there is one area of our kitchen floor that remains perma-clean.

Now yesterday, Mel and I were heading to Costco for some yummy times. On the way there, she was very gracious and let me stop to wash my car. I pull into the bay - and both Mel and I were shocked. In fact, we sat a little bit and discussed whether or not we thought it actually was... There on top of the garbage (yes, the garbage) was an office water cooler. I thought to myself, "there's no way that's coincidence! I'd be stupid to leave it there!" (I'm not really one to pray over finding a parking spot (unless I'm REALLY late!!) but I have been taught to look for God in the little things. So I took it. Not knowing if it works, etc... Brought it home and it works. Both the HOT and cold side work. It's pretty awesome. So far, it's still receiving it's bleach bath...but I look forward to the time when I decide it's germ free.
4 comments:
Welcome to the club. Your membership badge for the plaid lumberjack coat you have to start wearing is in the mail.
Promise?
Wow. You have guts. Thank goodness for bleach.
haha...i love that you compared yourself to nate :)
Post a Comment