Friday, March 21, 2008

Important Annoucement

As the new season approaches - I'd like to announce my retirement. Softball is pretty popular around here, our church has a very competitive team. Sometimes it can be embarrassing as to how competitive they are. They take the game very seriously - so seriously that they even record and post their stats. A couple of years ago, I played one game (not for them but for a different team). I am proud to announce that I achieved a perfect batting average. Since then, I've taken a rest - well deserved considered my accomplishments. After much consideration, I would like to announce that I will no longer be continuing on with my long history of softball but rather, am retiring. I feel that it's important to end at the top of my game. Recognizing that I am better than everyone in my church, I would like to leave them something to aspire to and aim for. Of course, they will never be able to attain perfection, like I have, because all of them have experienced failure. While this isn't really something I can relate to - I still want to be an encouragement to them - "Try hard..."

2 comments:

The Domestic Wife Not Mad said...

How noble of you, not many people could be as good and true as you are Kristy

Jerthom said...

quitter!!!