Monday, March 17, 2008

Here we go...

So the whole little "tranfer credits" process in under way. A long and tedious process... not only for me but for others. Hopefully it'll be profitable. Originally, I was going to appeal it in my current faculty, but was advised by a prof. to appeal it in the faculty I want to be in. Good advice. So I went to them to inquire how to go about doing it. They didn't know...so they referred me to this lady whom I met with today. Great lady. She told me that they would only accept things that the U of Vic or UBC have accepted - fortunately for me, one individual has already received transfer credits. (And she received Effective Relationships and Communications!!!! Something doesn't seem right!!!) Either way, she told me that CBC has to apply to officially get these courses into the transfer guide. Who did Michael Szuk refer me to? Non-other than my former boss from Taylor, the new Academic Dean at CBC - Virginia Hooper. Super ironic - but I love it because I have complete confidence she'll be all over it (like a Mennonite in spandex...haven't thought of that one in a while).

Anyway - if you think to pray, I would love it. Mostly that I would get stuff (maybe even more than I think I'll get??). As well as expediency. Right now, I'm sitting at 21 credits and i need 24 to get into the Faculty of Ed. I have until the end of the month to apply - but my grades need to be in by June 15th. So either I need to have this go through, or I need to pick up a spring course, which could screw me over for finding a job and screw me over financially. So yeah...that's my life. I'm not super stressed at this point, which I am glad about...but I do see the potential. :)

No comments: