Actually, I am in this picture.

Mammoth plants. Since it was apparently the Christmas season, I thought it would be appropriate to take a pic of a Pointcetta. The corn was 16 feet tall and I saw Petunias that were 8 feet tall.

This is a more pleasant part of the market. We had just passed the meat section...in particular the boiled goat heads. A little sad that I didn't take a picture but also thankful?

I might have been a little excessive in helping them wrap stuff.

I thought the Edmonton Transit System was bad?

This is Richard. He and I did a lot of cuddling. Definitely, one of my favorites. He gives the best hugs. He snuggles right in and then sticks his butt right out.... he also has this thing for glaring.

This is Richard playing "cell-phone" with me.

This is Madame DoDoon and her kids. (She's one of the workers at the orphanage....she's also the lady who wouldn't let me take a pic of her kids without bathing them.

Her son (I believe his name is Mike)

Her neighbor's son...in his best clothes

I believe this is his sister, but I wasn't entirely sure when I was there.

These are the power lines. As we were making the mad dash to the airport, I watched this big truck back up and said "that guy is totally going to take out those power lines." You could see the lines getting caught on the truck and pulling the lines. But I was totally wrong. Instead, a guy hopped right up and lifted the lines so that truck could pass under.

I took this video to get all the noise. (Sadly, I couldn't capture the smells!!!) Sorry it's so shaky, I wasn't holding it at my face because I had to watch where I was going and what I was stepping in.
I've put an excessive amount of pics on Facebook...check them out if you wish.
1 comment:
Hi Kristy. I was doing random clicks on my favourite tonight (a random act in itself since I really dislike spending much time on the computer) and read your blog. Wow - sounds like quite the experience in Haiti, including your early leave-taking. How are you doing as you "unpack" all of this?
What is up for you in 2008?
Ernie and I enjoyed some great family times over Christmas (including an early Calif.Christmas with our grandson) and also some good down time. I head back to school tomorrow.
Janet
Post a Comment