I would just like to announce that in 1 week and 2 days, I am finished Hebrew. This is very exciting. While I have enjoyed the class, the work load has been too extensive for the nature of my job. Thus, I'm not taking Hebrew next semester and decided to let it rest for now. Maybe in the future...who knows. I took it for interest's sake...and really, I am in fact interested... especially when we learn swears (yes, they are in your Bible!!!! But they are never read!! Nor are they translated into English!!!) One day we translated a random version of "The Three Little Pigs." That was also a good time. Anyway...my interest will have to be put on hold.
It has also been good to discover that learning a Biblical language is super dangerous unless you master it. I was working on a tranlation with another student and we knew that the word was supposed to be "Ram"... but we kept on getting "Mighty tree." Completely random... But while I might not be able to use my language skills for my degree if I ever randomly come across some dead sea scrolls because I hear that happens all the time....at least I'll be able to identify what language it is and maybe pick out a few words or at least be able to parse some of the words. All of this being very useful information :)
Saturday, December 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment