Friday, July 21, 2006

Why do we complicate things so much?

I don't cut grass anymore. No, I landscape. But since I have done so much grasscutting in the past, I still notice the grass. And well...I noticed this little thing called...the grass is pretty dead because we haven't had a whole lot of rain lately. And it makes me wonder, why are the weeds still so lush and green? They do well when going through long periods of heat. They are durable. So it makes me think. Why are we so picky that we would choose to have lawns full of grass when really, it looks like crap when it's brown? In fact, people get all dull and depressed because the vibrant colours of spring and summer have withered and died. Sure the grass might "feel softer" but really....I'm sure the bed of dandelion leaves that has been left to flourish would be equally as soft on the bottom. Really, I just think we're making our lives a whole lot more complicated than what it needs to be. Maybe, we should all start working on our yards of weeds. I'm sure the neighbours will covet them when their lawn dies and ours is lush and vibrant.

No comments: