Tuesday, May 02, 2006

My egocentric Blog

So yesterday I started my new job and today I'm not working. Uh... we got rained out!! Actually, it's supposed to snow. So sad. But it does mean that I'm awake (6:40 am right now...who blogs at that time of day anyways??)...strange, because I really didn't sleep much last night. I'm landscaping this summer. I thought, if I'm going to be an RD, I need to be able to support my habit...so I am working elsewhere during the summer. Good idea.

Speaking of good ideas. I came up with a couple over the past couple of weeks. Yes, they might be a little twisted. But really...what else would you expect.

So about a week and a half ago a friend was having a birthday celebration get together thingy, that some other people were putting on in her honour. She phoned to invite me. Which was nice of her. But later, it kind of sounded like she didn't know about it...but she did, because she invited me. And then I thought...how funny would it be to plan your own surprise birthday? You can invite everyone you want....and then show up 15 minutes late. In fact, I was actually thinking of doing it on another day (other than my birthday) just so I wouldn't know... AND, I should make sure that I ask people to bring presents AND their receipts...just in case :)

The other thought was in light of my "hidden age" factor. I look younger than what I actually am. How funny would it be to go to camp as a camper? Not because I have this deep sense of longing to be a camper again...but just because it would be so interesting. I mean really...when you have a 19 year old counselor...and then you just sort of let them in on your little secret as you hug them goodbye? I think it would be tricky and maybe even more exciting to not lie the entire week. I can truthfully say what school I go to... I've been moving around to different "group homes" for the past 6 years...my parents don't want me living at home. (Apparently, I have a tragic life!!!). Okay...so maybe that last one just went too far...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

and you don't act your age either. that'd be sweet! could you imagine in you were a little campee again?? i bet you'd make your counsellor cry. yes you would.
hey i got your letter in the mail. THANK YOU!!!!!!! And yes, I was EXCESSIVELY insulted that Stephannie got 2 letters. So she write you letters. I leave you comments, and what do I get in return?? ONE LETTER!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's true. I'd be the worst camper ever!!!

Anonymous said...

considering your mischievious (sp?) nature as a counsellor...i'm sure you could figure out MILLIONS of ways to drive your counsellor up the wall. actually, i would quite like to see that. just tell me when and where, and I will counsel at this camp where you are a campee!