So apparently, here at Kentucky Blue Grass, we don't just cut grass....we smoke it too. I work with some very interesting people, that's all I have to say. I've been offered weed before...but it's a little different when you are actually at work. Mighty strange.
Kinda cool though, because I told them that I wasn't really comfortable with it while we were at work, etc... and the one girl told me later that she really respected the fact that I had the guts to tell them that.
Relationships wise...I'm met some people. (Profound really). I've only been here 3 weeks but some cool relationships are forming. I'm really glad I've burst out of the Christian bubble. Very exciting.
There is one girl who has decided we are friends. Her dad has recently become a minister in the United church, but she has nothing to do with that stuff and thinks it's a crock (although she really enjoys the community). We've had some snippet conversations about stuff here and there. At some point I'd love to have her come to church...she's expressed a small interest. I am concerned though how people will receive her since she does have a girlfriend (who is super against Christians...so it'll be interesting when we meet as well).
I discovered there's a nunnery (is that how that is spelled?) down the road from where I live. We smoke...I mean, cut the grass there. I think I'll be visiting that place quite often when I'm not working...it's so amazingly beautiful.
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment