Well Folks (yes, I am from Alberta...and as u read, you will note that this is actually my problem).
Winter is upon us. Not for most of you... because you live in the promised land. The promised land consists of any land that does not have extreme temperatures. Oddly, I would take rain over snow. You would think that I would learn and move away - but instead, I settle in and make a four-year financial commitment to the U of A (maybe longer at the rate I'll be going). Anyway, since most of you are missing out on the "true meaning of winter." I shall fill you in.
THINGS I HATE:
1) wearing my pink snow-flakes long-johns. I have nothing against the pink. I just hate the fact that I'm wearing them because it's THAT cold.
2) Cars (this would include all frozen aspects...running out to plug in the car, wrestling to get the frozen cord off, scrapping the windows, pre-starting so that you don't catch hypothermia by going to the grocery store).
3) that burning sensation as your extremities unthaw.
4) wondering if I still have my ears or if they fell off sometime before I got on the bus.
5) people who walk around with a light jacket...seemingly unbothered by the cold.
6) rotating breathing between the nose and lungs. Trying not to freeze either too badly - and well, frosty nasal passages just feel weird.
7) Wet pant legs (I'm short...it sucks) Although I might start wearing gators to school. (o yeah, I forgot to mention, I ended up taking back my winter boots...maybe I'll buy some...if I get a good deal).
8) Wet underwear. Being of small stature...I am often targeted for frequent trips into snowbanks. This would also include a distaste for snow in the face, and down any clothing items.
9) BC drivers. *grin*
10) mud. snow and mud go hand in hand here. It's how they de-ice the roads...
But let's not be completely negative.
There are precious few things I do appreciate.
1) freshly fallen/falling snow.
2) frost on the trees
3) the "crunch" of snow as you walk.
4) a good ol' fashioned "I'm from a hick-town" hayride. But then again,see number 8. Don't get me wrong...I put up a good fight.
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment