There's debate as to whether or not Paul's list of spiritual gifts is exhaustive or not. Well, I just thought I should end the debate. Based on my own experience...as well as within community - as there are many members who have affirmed this in me - I believe that I have a gift that is NOT listed in the canon. That's correct - I undoubtedly have the gift of procrastination. As a student, I have had plenty of opportunity to practice this gift and really, it just comes more than naturally. Obviously, if we look at "more than naturally" it is easy to conclude that this means supernaturally.
Yet, one of my profs at CBC - Good ol' Ron Voth argued that if you really want to know what your spiritual gifts are - it's what people affirm in you. This gift has been affirmed countless times...
Right now...I should be reading about Pre-Confederation...but what am I doing? Blogging. Good thinking. Actually, now that I think about it...it's time to go to bed. Guess I'll have to get that reading done later...
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such a blasphemer Kristy Bidne!!!
But don't worry, I still like you.
I HAVE THE SPIRITUAL GIFT OF SARCASM! ANd I used to have to gift of waterfront greeting...but that ended in the summer of '03. We are so gifted, aren't we? And spiritual! Spiritually gifted!!!
Post a Comment