I'll just write about this past weekend.
Of course, it was Thanksgiving which means I got to hang out with my nieces, which means I should tell a niece story. At dinner, the kids were super hyper and telling the usual "I'm a little kid and I'm going to make up jokes that aren't really funny but are funny because they are so bad" jokes. Then they started on the make-up "Knock, Knock Jokes". Natanya (4 years old) excuses herself to use the washroom and comes back announcing "I can't wait to tell you this Knock, Knock joke!"
"Knock, Knock!"
"Who's there?"
"I fell in the toilet!!"
(which apparently, she did!)
I was driving home - back in the city and was rear-ended. My friend Anna is apparently okay. Dan and I have whiplash. We were approaching a light and the line-up of cars was backed up pretty far, so I had to slam on my brakes. It was all good - things were fine and then we were hit SO HARD!!! from behind...and then we were hit again. We were sure that the car behind had been hit from behind as well. But apparently not. The driver for some reason, took her foot off the brake and hit us again. I'm not sure she even had her foot on the brake to begin with because the first hit was so freakin' hard. My car doesn't have a lot of visable damage but I'll have to take it in to get torn apart because the unibody might be messed up. Awesome. As a student, I definitely need to be thinking about buying another car right now!!!
The other thing that I found out this weekend is that when I took in my laptop to be fixed by Hewlett Packard - they told me they replaced the Hard-drive, the monitor and the disk drive). I got it back and it was worse than what it was before. I took it back to BestBuy and they started investigating - it would seem that my laptop came back with 27 viruses. Delving further, there were programs on there that I had never heard of - it was seem as though someone was using my computer for some fraudulent activity. Lucky me!!! BestBuy is giving me a brandnew harddrive and is saving my old one as evidence. Kinda scary because I have no idea what all they did with my computer or my personal information.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow, nice thanksgiving. Maybe I can put a cat in our bed and make it all better. Sorry to hear about your car and whiplash.
Crazy about your computer! How many more times until you get a new one?
Post a Comment