Thursday, August 21, 2008

The little punks

Last weekend I was down on all fours, since I was cleaning the floor of my parent's stand-up shower. My youngest niece comes up behind me and starts climbing on-top of me to give me a hug/get a ride. As she does so, she says "YOU HAVE A REALLY BIG BUM!!" (awkward...) Her older sister laughs at the social blunder and decides to voice to demonstrate her maturity and understanding of such things "She probably shouldn't have said that...she really, shouldn't have said that." "But she's right you know..." (I'm thinking "oh no!!" "Some people have really big bums and some people just have little bums." Since things were going so well, I decided to press further - heck, it was comical but I was also a little bit hesitant because I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.... "So where's mine?" - "Yours is right in the middle." - "You're right, my bum is right in the middle, where's yours?" - she smirked, rolled her eyes and gave me that "oh brother Auntie Kristy" look.

No comments: