Saturday, July 12, 2008
Busted
If the RCMP know that I'm at a site, they have a tendency to check up on me. Which is really awesome. Especially, since the last couple of days I didn't have cell-coverage because I was in the middle of no-where. One of the perks of my job is that we don't get breaks (other than lunch of course), so if you have to go to the bathroom you're screwed. I don't like the concept of peeing in the bush or field, but sometimes it is necessary. So last Wednesday, I headed into the bush. The way everything was angled, I couldn't get complete coverage so I choose to make sure the busier roads were covered. As I'm going, I hear a truck begin to slow down, which indicated they were turning and I'd be seen, so I'm madly hurring. As I'm walking out, the vehicle has slowed down and is checking out my car - it's the RCMP, a look of apprehension as they see my empty vehicle and the passenger door open... and then they see me come out of the bush - and the look of realization of where I had been... huge grins. Strange, they didn't come check up on me after that...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
so...what was the after-huge-grins conversation like??
we just left it at the grins. no conversation
Post a Comment