Sunday, May 06, 2007

Job and vocational aspirations

I'm going to start a clothing line - not because I'm into this kind of thing, but more, I misunderstood a friend and thought she had said that's where she bought her clothes from. I heard wrong....but thought it was kinda catchy so I thought I should go into fashion. My line will be called "Cross-dress 4 Less."

I only worked a day and a half this past week - due to rainy conditions. It's been pretty wet. The great thing is that I'm not even sad about not getting the hours. Apparently, sleep wins over cash and really, I've been doing a whole lot of that. It's weird because normally I have such problems sleeping and here I am sleeping 10-12 hours a night with a nap during the afternoon. It's awesome. I love sleep. The other reason I'm not really complaining is because I acquired these stitches in my lower back. Normally stitches aren't a big deal but since it's in a pivotal area it's a real pain - not so ideal for landscaping. So yeah - I've been pretty satisfied with the low-key week I've had. A part of me is wishing that maybe next week will be the same - although the forecast is looking sunny. Apparently, I've become somewhat of a slacker since my last job :)

BUT - I thought a couple of you might be interested in knowing that I'm apparently working with an ex-pro baseball player. Or so he tells me. In the Yankees league? Unfortunately, I can't remember his last name off-hand but his first name is Neal. He's in Seminary now and just wanted a no brainer job - his training is in insurance and I guess, baseball.

No comments: