Taylor and I are back together. I'm pretty stressed out. There are just so many different things to do before the students come. Right now, I don't have a boss.... the implications for that are numerous. So yeah, in many ways I'm dreading this year because I feel like I'll have to work really hard to maintain boundaries and that will take so much energy in and of itself. On the other end of things, I'm pretty excited about the students that will be in my building. I know quite a few of them and it's just exciting that I'm not having to start from scratch. There is going to be a solid group coming in.
My apartment is mostly done. I'm excited about that. I've been a nomad for over a month - not always having internet access or a phone. Pretty frustrating at times and I feel unsettled. So it'll be awesome to move in and to feel "at home." These past 2 years, I haven't really felt at home the places that I've lived for one reason or another. The "seventies trailer" atmosphere didn't really work out for me last year....so it's good to have a place that is somewhat decent.
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey...hope that you and Taylor will bode well together :) I know that God will give you much grace and wisdom! I'm home now, got in last night, and now am getting used to my new home...and need to buy a bed. (I'm living with kelly)
Anyways, know that I'm praying for you!
Hey Kristy! Can't believe you're already heading back in for year two. I hope that your apartment feels more like "home" this year. I agree with Kathleen, God will grant you what you need for the year ahead! Praying for ya!
Thanks for the encouragement. It's appreciated. I'm going through these cycles of "peace" because ultimately, I do know that God is in control and that really...he is the "leader." Then there are times when I become a freak and try and wrestle that control away from Him. So yeah, thanks Kathleen and Sandra.
Post a Comment