When I heard this story I laughed so hard, I cried - I am a rather imaginiative person and so I could totally picture this event. What made it funnier was the thought that this story will be passed along, and because it's friend of a friend...it'll become "folklore" as in "do you think that actually happened?" the great thing about this, is that I know with certainty that it did and it made it all the more better.
I was told this story in a meeting - from the E.D. at the organization I work for. The parents are friends of hers and well, the dad felt the need to phone Janet at work to tell her this story. He doesn't ever phone her at work, so initially she was concerned it was then, that she was filled in as to why he was calling.
A little while ago, this couple went out for dinner with friends, leaving their older (in his 30's) Down's son home. Their son, Richard is quite a large little boy (I say "boy" because developmentally, he is young) which is unusual for someone with Down's Syndrome. Nonetheless, the couple had gone out to dinner. However, during the meal they receive a phone call from their son, who was excited to tell them that he had caught a troll and he had captured the troll so that he could show him to everybody. Not really understanding what Richard was talking about - they told him that was nice, and they'd see him when they got home. They were a little confused about it, but laughed a bit that Richard had caught a troll. About ten minutes later, Richard phones again exclaiming "OH, the Troll is really ANGRY....he's really Angry!" At which point, the parents were a little bit alarmed since they didn't really understand what was going on - Richard was really excited but apparently this Troll situation was something to investiage and the left the restaurant to get home. When they arrived home, they got in the door so see furniture piled up against a closet door, Richard exclaiming that the troll was angry and loud banging from inside the closet door. They removed the furniture and opened the closet to find Richard's troll - a Mormon dwarf. Who, for some unknown reason, decided to go out alone and when he had reached the house, Richard had scooped him up (although apparently he did fight!!!) and shoved him in the closet. The police were close behind because this Mormon did call the police from in the closet.
But yeah. There's troll story. poor little Mormon....
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
classic. I love this.
Post a Comment