Sunday, May 25, 2008

So now I'll comment on my "smirk"

Some don't know how to respond to the photos of Jesus cuddling up with a cute little dinosaur. Really, I just love the volcano and teradactol in the background. Mostly, I appreciate these photos because it challenges people think outside of the box. We have these ways that we picture God - blue eyes, white, cuddling a little child or a lame. The last not necessarily incorrect (blue eyes? I don't know, but I do know he wasn't white!!!) - but I think it's important to realize that God does go beyond our expectation and really we forget that in many ways, we don't understand or comprehend him. Yes, he does give us glimpses, but often times we settle and remain content and think that that's all there is. Photos like these can arouse discomfort or some might even think it's sacreligious or irreverant. Maybe, I'm fine with that judgment. Or it's completely unexpected and we don't know how to deal with that. But I think that it can also expose truth: He is the creator and lover of all life.

No comments: